Thursday, June 13, 2013

Definition of a Real Dad!

I am so happy and blessed to share my Definition of a Real Dad right before Father's Dad's Day.

I want to say thank you to a wonderful man, Future Lilly.  He has been a stay-at-home dad for the past 4 years or so to his 5.5 year old twin boys (The Twizzles), and his wonderful 8 year old little girl (Princess Liyah).  These four years have allowed him to make a bond with his children that men don't ever get to do.  He has dressed them, fed them wonderful meals, played with them (oh sooooo much), and just made their lives complete by just being there.

We both prayed and thought long and hard about him becoming a stay-at-home dad, and it was just the right thing to do for our family.  We didn't know how long it would be for, God has provided for us every step of the way to where The Twizzles will start school this Fall, and Future will be able to start a new chapter for our lives as a Professional Real Estate Inspector.

We bought a new home last month, and moved in 3 weeks ago.  Prior to us moving, we had a very close group of friends that had similar family dynamics.  With so many similarities, our blessings would definitely have to become the best of friends.  Future would always plan play dates with the other kids blessings. Today topped any day that I could have imagined.  Future planned a play date with those friends from our old neighborhood by himself to have a NERF BATTLE throughout our new home.  He had to pick up some of them, which he was happy to do that.  And, he planned snacks and lunch for each eccentric child.  I was so bummed that I would miss out on 9 of our blessings playing together (ages 5 to 11), but he worked it out for me to participate as well.


Everyone taking a break from the first battle. (I had just gotten home.)

Everyone, including Future, getting ready for the second battle.

Everyone shooting me while I take a "better" shot of them before the second battle.  Future decided to have everyone shoot me while I took the picture. So Funny!

This is the definition of a real dad, to me.  Someone that will go out of his way to make his family feel loved, important, and wonderful all at the same time.  Someone that cares enough for others to make their day a wonderful one no matter what.  For someone who didn't grow up with a dad/role-model, this man knows exactly what to do!

It was the best time ever! I can only imagine what God has in store for us with our new home, our close family friends, and this wonderful husband that I have been blessed with.

Happy Father's Dad's Day 
Future Antonio Lilly!

Oh, I forgot to add, I WON Battle #2!  I can't wait for the rematch!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Future and the whole Lilly family for allowing our kids to be part of the fun play date. Thank you for taking our kids and sharing those great moments with them. Your whole family is awesome. Thank you, and we are blessed to have you as friends/family.

    ReplyDelete